Mega Millions is not content with dishing out the record-breaking USD657 million jackpot - it wants even more astronomical prize pots for its fans.
The popular US lottery will be implementing system changes aimed at creating more winners and offering larger winnings starting Tuesday, October 22nd.
- The first 5 numbers will now be drawn from a pool of 75 numbers (yes 1 to 75) up from the former 56 balls.
- The Mega number will be easier to hit since tehre will now only be 15 numbers to choose from (1 to 15) down from the previous 46.
- Starting jackpots will go up to $15 million from $12 million
- For each rollover draw, a minimum of $5 million will be added to prize pot
- The second division prize has gone up tyo $5 million
The best thing about all of these is that there will be no increase in the cost of Mega Millions tickets.